Thursday, June 28, 2012

Ann Curry Confirms Today Show Departure


Ann Curry is ready to say goodbye.

With the rumors of this Today Show co-host's departure growing stronger by the second, Curry came out yesterday and acknowledged them herself, admitting her run is over and making it sound as if the announcement will be made this morning. And it won't be easy.

Ann Curry on The Today Show

It's "going to be a bit of a tough day," Curry told USA Today in a phone interview. "I'm going to have to tell our viewers. That's what makes me more emotional than anything. I don't want to leave them. I love them. And I will really miss them."

Curry added that she isn't sure who first leaked the story of her firing and she feels like she could have benefited from more time to work out the "kinks" in the broadcast after just a year behind the desk.

"I know I am not to blame for the ratings worries. And my bosses have said to me there are many factors involved. There is no doubt that the rating wars have become meaner and less focused on our responsibilities as journalists... And the show is still number-one in terms of ratings."

Curry is expected to be named Today Show anchor-at-large and NBC News national/international correspondent. Savannah Guthrie will likely take her anchoring post.

Are you happy to see Curry go?

Source: http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2012/06/ann-curry-confirms-today-show-departure/

Emma Watson Hollywood Celebrities

No comments:

Post a Comment