Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Whoopi Goldberg Relates to Charlie Sheen


Every now and then, The View stops being about headline-grabbing antics and actually gets real. Today was one of those occasions.

With everyone from Dr. Drew to Joan Rivers chiming in on Charlie Sheen's latest scandal/attempt to get clean, Whoopi Goldberg took a few minutes to relate to this troubled actor. She, too, was a drug addict.

"I was a functioning drug addict, I showed up for work because I knew a lot of people would be out of work and I wouldn’t get a check that I needed to buy my drugs," Whoopi said.


Whoopi Goldberg on Charlie Sheen

How low did Goldberg sink?

“I ended up sitting on a bed for three or four days scared there was something under the bed. I wet the bed, I pooped the bed...  I was so scared. I hit bottom. I did that a long time ago."

Describing herself now as "straight as an arrow," Whoopi said she believes Sheen can clean up his life. But “this isn’t the producers’ decision [to make]." The actor must "make the decision that he’s ready and willing to stop doing what he’s doing... he’s not there yet.”

That much is clear, based on his self-analysis. Let's hope he gets there.

Source: http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2011/02/whoopi-goldberg-relates-to-charlie-sheen/

American Idol Hailee Steinfeld

No comments:

Post a Comment