Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Best Bits from Andrej Pejic's Funny NY Mag Interview

We knew he was beautiful, but we didn't know Andrej Pejic was so freakin' funny. The Melbourne raised, Bosnian born model, whose androgynous looks has cast a spell over the fashion world, chatted to New York Magazine on set of his cover shoot for their Fall Fashion Issue. Apart from faking a pregnancy and deadpanning that he doesn't get out of bed for less than $50 a day, there were some quality funnies in the lengthy profile. We pulled the best bits out so you could get to know Andrej's funny side.

On breaking into the industry: I was walking in a street without an umbrella - it was a really dramatic, kind of movie moment-and I was just like, ?Oh my God, I came to London, I spent my mum?s money, I?m not even gonna get an agency'....It was like �Madonna going to Hollywood.
On his pre-modelling job: I was cleaning toilets in a strip club.
On moving to Melbourne from Bosnia: I was like, ?I?ll go if I get a new PlayStation'...That?s how you think at that age.

For more from Andrej read more
On his androgynous sense of style: It?s not like, ?Okay, today I want to look like a man, or today I want to look like a woman'...I want to look like me. It just so happens that some of the things I like are feminine.
On fame: My whole life is controversy. What can I do? I?m like Britney Spears!
On his fee: I don?t get out of bed for less than $50 a day...I want to make that clear to America. This is a new age of androgynous supermodels. We don?t get out of bed for less than $50 a day.
On considering a sex change: Obviously, as a kid you?d think about it - 'What would life be like if I was born a girl?' and stuff. But at this point, I?m happy with the situation as it is.
On his come-back plan: When you think I?m going down, I?ll come back with a sex tape, do you know what I mean? I?d bring in latex, make it really fashion, really artsy.

Photos courtesy of New York Magazine

Source: http://www.fabsugar.com.au/Andrej-Pejic-Shirtless-Cover-New-York-Magazine-Best-Bits-from-his-Frank-Funny-Interview-18774429

Stars Under 30 Vanessa Hudgens

No comments:

Post a Comment